A Kid's Video Guide to "Number the Stars"
This is just a short clip from the actual video. Click here to learn how you can view the entire video.
Topics discussed in this program include:
- What is courage?
- Characters' reaction to events
- And much more!
- 21 minutes
Questions for classroom discussion and assignments:
- Give your first response to characters as they are named: Uncle Henrik, Anne Marie, Ellen Christie, the little girl.
- How do you think the author portrayed the whole war aspect of the book?
- What do you think of pride, as in when the old man falls down? What does pride mean to you? Are you a proud person?
- What do you think the prayer that the title of the book comes from means? Can we “number the stars?"