A Kid's Video Guide to "Maniac Magee"
This is just a short clip from the actual video. Click here to learn how you can view the entire video.
Topics discussed in this program include:
- Importance of family
- Looking at people from the inside
- What is a hero?
- And much more!
- 21 minutes
Questions for classroom discussion and assignments:
- Discuss nicknames. Do you have nicknames for your friends? Do your friends have nicknames for you? Do you like those nicknames?
- Maniac Magee was considered by many to be a hero. What makes someone a hero? Can you name other heroes from the past and from today? Why are they heroes?
- How do you think the racism in "Maniac Magee" relates to racism in America today?
- How do you think the opening of the book, before the story begins, foreshadows the entire story.