A Kid's Video Guide to "Crispin: The Cross Of Lead"
This is just a short clip from the actual video. Click here to learn how you can view the entire video.
Topics discussed in this program include:
- Personal identity
- Rich vs. poor
- Questioning your lot in life
- And much more!
- 21 minutes
- Curriculum Connections Pick
Questions for classroom discussion and assignments:
- At the beginning of the story, Crispin doesn't even have a name. How did he feel about that? How would you feel if you didn't have a name?
- Discuss the journey each of us takes as individuals in life, finding ourselves and who we are. Compare that to Crispin’s journey of discovery.
- There’s a famous quote: “No man or woman either should be enslaved, but should stand equal to one another.” What does that mean to you?
- Bear says, “A wise man, a jester by trade, once told me that living by answers is a form of death. It is only by questions that you keep on living.” What does this mean and do you agree?
- What is freedom?
- What was the “wolf’s head?"
- What makes you unique?
- What was a serf? What was a day-in-the life of a serf like?