A Kid's Video Guide to "Bud Not Buddy"
This is just a short clip from the actual video. Click here to learn how you can view the entire video.
Topics discussed in this program include:
- Racism, then and now.
- Bud's relationship to both his mother and father.
- "Jazz" as a character.
- The meaning behind Bud's rules and things
- 21 minutes
- Highly Recommended Title at "Educational Media Marketplace"
Questions for classroom discussion and assignments:
- Give an example of racism in Bud’s time. Are things different now?
- How would you describe “Jazz” as a character?
- Discuss Buddy’s relationship with his father, and his relationship with his mother. How do the two relationships differ?
- List “Bud’s rules.” Discuss what they mean and if they make sense to you.